From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dba DBA
Sent: 26 February 2010 15:24
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: catsearch and latch: cache buffers chains waits

I am trying to tune a query that uses the catsearch function and this appears
to be the problem. I first looked at the event in v$session and noticed latch:
cache buffers chains. This typically indicates excess parsing, but this is just
1 query?

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.