Re: can't connect '/ as sysdba'

  • From: "Vasu Balla" <appsdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: janine@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 20:16:19 +0530

try this
move devel group to top of /etc/groups file. i had this strange
problem on SUSE9 with 10gR2, there were some groups which had 200+
users in the the box. some how oracle doesnt get past those big groups
and fails with ora-1031. once i moved the dba group to top of the
/etc/groups file ...all worked :)

vasu

On 12/8/06, Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks to all who replied!

In the "when it rains, it pours" dept, I have been having VPN
problems today and haven't been able to get back into the system, so
I haven't been able to do any more with this problem. However, for
posterity's sake let me address a few of the comments:

- I do have an Oracle password file, and I did try recreating it.
Didn't help.
- I saw the Metalink note that gives steps for trying to track down
this problem.  I went through them all and never found anything wrong.

There were a couple of other suggestions I can try, and I'm open to
other ideas if anyone wants to toss anything else into the pot.

I'll follow up again after I've been able to experiment further.

janine