Re: brutally simple question - number of triggers on a table

  • From: sandeep dubey <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:37:39 -0400

The place where I work, doesn't have a single trigger. The application
architect is of strong opinion that when business logic is stored in
the database in form of triggers when 1000+ transactions hitting the
same table at sime time, database cannot perform. Here we have rigid
SLA requirements. All business logic is stored in middleware in
application which in turn clustered and load balanced. Any backdoor
data updates (from SQL) passes through strong QA audit.

Sandeep Dubey