Re: bitmap conversion to rowids operation with btree indexes?

  • From: "Mark J. Bobak" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:57:47 -0500

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 11:12, Jonathan Lewis wrote:
Jonathan,
Any thoughts on how to temper the CBO's desire to use this access path,
short of cutting it off alltogether, via _btree_bitmap_plans=FALSE?

-Mark
<much good info about btree bitmap plans deleted to avoid overquoting>

> The default value is FALSE in 8i, and true in 9i,
> and some people have reported performance
> problems because there setup started doing this
> conversion too frequently in inappropriate cases.
>

> Regards
>
> Jonathan Lewis

> The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ
>
> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
> Public Appearances - schedule updated Dec 23rd 2004

Mark J. Bobak
mark@xxxxxxxxx
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts."  --Richard P.
Feynman