RE: best way to convert from unix to linux

  • From: Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'DHayden@xxxxxxxxxx'" <DHayden@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 07:51:13 -0700

The best way is the way which provides the least resistance for you.

http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/tale-of-a-platform-migration-solaris-10-sparc-10-2-0-5-to-linux-11-2-0-2-6/

If you use GoldenGate, then make sure you have the SCN for when the export
started and use the same SCN for replicat.

Michael Dinh