RE: best (reliability required, best speed at lowest resource consumption still important) way to get ASM contents to a file system for non-plugin tape jobs?

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Robert Freeman'" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 09:55:30 -0400

Thanks Robert! That is the best idea yet. The key was your recognizing that
even though the functional purpose of this copy is a backup, the way to
execute it in RMAN is actually a RESTORE operation.

This has many advantages, not the least of which is staying completely
within RMAN using its engineered in affinity for ASM.

Mark

  _____