RE: backup up archivelogs

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:10:24 -0400

Thanks Tom,

I believe I will try writing to another destination.  I like the fact
that they can be written to an optional destination through nfs so that
if I have to restore/recovery - I bring the database up their first then
apply archived logs on the server I plan to recover to.  I might do the
tape backup as well.  I just think that multiplexing the archivelogs
means that the possibility exists that I loose 0 archive logs and that
they are written immediately to my DR site.=20