RE: backup best practices

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <swhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:13:54 -0400

Susan,

We run a data warehouse that is loaded during a 3 day period once a
week.  They are not interested in running in archivelog mode, so we do a
cold backup once a week.

All of our Oltp databases run in archivelog mode and we only use Rman
for backups for these databases.  We never shut the databases down
unless there is some maintenance (hardware/software) being done.

Tom