RE: backing up rman catalog for disaster recovery

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <all_about_oracle@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 04:48:57 -0400

I am setting up a disaster recovery site and I was thinking about the
best way to do this.

My theory is that I would like to not just use another recovery catalog
on the DR site to backup my primary catalog but to somehow keep these
catalogs constantly in-synch so when I do need to do complete recovery
and only have the secondary rman catalog available - I wouldn't have to
recover the catalog as all of the previous backups would be found there.

So....should I do this using Oracle Data Guard on my disaster recovery
site catalog or backup rman then restore as my first procedure?  Any
advice? =20