RE: auto start of listener with pwd

  • From: "Eric Buddelmeijer" <Eric.Buddelmeijer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 00:06:46 +0100

You can use 'save_config' in lsnrctl after setting the password. The
password will be saved in your listener.ora and be encrypted I seem to
remember. The listener will know how to start, but you must supply the
password to stop or alter the listener.

There is a good article in an old issue of oracle magazine by Arup Nanda
that I used when I set up listener protection. But I only have a hard copy.
And of course not with me at the moment.

Regards,
Eric.