Re: asynchronous PL/SQL development; DBMS_AQ ??

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cosmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:59:39 -0400

biased opinion alert.

I have extensively used dbms_aq so I can tell you that it works fine. But in
certain versions like 9202, 9204 I have had trouble getting plsql callback
procedures. Other than that I am very happy the way it works.

If you need to interface with other systems, then you may want to
investigate other solutions, but my experience is limited to oracle so it
has been positive.

usual YMMV rules do apply
rjamya

On 4/27/07, Cosmin Ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all,
what's the best & most robust package these days, whether Oracle supplied
(DBMS_AQ?) or third party, to do asynchronous PL/SQL development (9i or
10g).  I have various scenarios, multiple procedures that I'd like to fire
at once and upon their validated completion to do some further computations.