Re: asm vs raw - the smackdown

  • From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:20:57 +1000

> Both ASM and raw use the exact same system calls to issue I/O, so
> there is no performance difference based on function calls/call stack.
It isn't true in all 100% cases according to real live experience.
During one of the projects I was part of we discovered that if you use
Oracle ASMLib driver to manage your devices Oracle issues
significantly different System IO calls comparing with case there ASM
sits on top of character devices directly.

Yury

--
Jurijs
+371 29268222 (+2 GMT)