Re: /as sysdba insufficient privilege error

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:39:33 -0500

Check that you are logged into the domain server.  In the past, when the domain
server would go down, we would get this error.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

>>> Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx> 2/4/09 11:26 AM >>>
check that your user is member of the ORA_DBA group in windows, that
both LOCAL and ORACLE_SID env variables are pointing to a valid
tnsnames entry, that TNS_ADMIN is pointing to a valid directory
(containing a tnsnames.ora) and that SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES is
pointing to NTS.

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Associate

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM, nilesh kumar <nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Good Morning!!
>
> Hope every one doing good.
>
> This morning I am trying to login to my windows database. It showing a
> strange error. How should I resolve this.
>
> D:\>sqlplus "/as sysdba"
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Feb 4 20:22:29 2009
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>

> Enter user-name:
>

> --
> Thanks
> Nilesh Soni
> Oracle is not a magic..it takes years of experiance :-)
> 9860584034

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.