Re: application's raised error going to alert log

  • From: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 11:42:41 -0400

The end user doesn't get an error.  End user can see errors if the navigate to
the screen that shows the rows in this error_logs table.  The user defined
error is visible on top of the table insert, in the alert log, which is kind of
useless to me, the dba, since i can't fix that problem on the application side.
 I'm really just trying to understand why this user defined error went to the
alert log in the first place.  Alert log doesn't seem the place for those kinds
of errors.  Should be seen on the screen for the end user to fix their problem.