Re: anyone using 10g professionally yet?

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:51:09 +0000

its not uncommon to have oracle i nstructors who have never ever used the
product in th eir life outside of their examples.
hope you didnt pay for that class out of your own pocket... I had a designer 6i
class a few years ago and the instructor went straight from college to
teaching. couldn't do anything accept go through the examples
half the new features classes seem to marketing. They discuss them in the way
their marketing department sells the product. Tom Kyte did the same thing in
his presentation(though he actually knows what they do).
I had a 9i new features class about 2.5 years ago and I remember we spent
several hours on the timestamp datatype... I thought I was going to die of
boredom.