Re: anyone using 10g professionally yet?

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:00:16 -0400

Hi Jared,

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:03:24 -0700, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:58:03 -0400, rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > someone was telling me a week ago ... 10g certification will be 2
> > exams ... and perf tuninng is gone, since DB will to auto tuning.
> >

> No tuning eh?  Make it easier to get certified, and more work
> for folks that know how to tune the database/SQL/app code.  ;)

1) It can't get much easier to get certified, unless its automatic and free.
Two tests should be cheaper than four. I am almost worried, however,
about the lost revenue from certification training and testing. The
Oracle certification education profit center may lose revenue and
cut-back on all education. There are actually some worthwhile,
and fun classes on iLearning.

All those uneditedable (pun intended) 3rd party books preaching
certification may lose revenue too. Okay, maybe no one is buying
them anyhow, as I see far fewer on the local book store shelves.

The only solution I can think of is to release a new major version of
Oracle twice as often to make up for this glaring deficiency. :-)

2) Shhhh about the more work stuff. Let them think what they want. ;-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas

PS: Have a good weekend.