Re: anyone seen this weirdness with sequences in 11gr2?

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 19:13:34 -0400

either w or w/o the init.ora parm set, i got "no rows selected".

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
04/08/2010 06:28 PM
Re: anyone seen this weirdness with sequences in 11gr2?
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't have 11 g, but it would be interesting to see the result of this

SELECT SID, serial#, username, program
  FROM v$session
 WHERE saddr IN(
          SELECT /*+ no_unnest */
                 kgllkuse
            FROM sys.x$kgllk
           WHERE kglnahsh IN(
                    SELECT /*+ no_unnest */
                           kglnahsh
                      FROM sys.x$kglob
                     WHERE UPPER( kglnaown ) LIKE UPPER( 'yourschema' )
                           AND UPPER( kglnaobj ) LIKE UPPER( 'yourobject'
))
                 AND BITAND( kgllkflg, 256 ) = 256 );

It's supposed to tell you if the object is stateful.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Scott Sibert <ssibert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not seeing it either.  11.2.0.1 on RHEL 5.4 64-bit.

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Thu Apr 8 16:51:01 2010

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit
Production
With the Real Application Clusters, Automatic Storage Management and OLAP
options

SQL> create sequence c_seq nocache;

Sequence created.

SQL> select c_seq.nextval from dual;

   NEXTVAL
----------
         1

SQL> select c_seq.nextval from dual;

   NEXTVAL
----------
         2

SQL> drop sequence c_seq;

Sequence dropped.

SQL> create sequence c_seq nocache;

Sequence created.

SQL> select c_seq.nextval from dual;

   NEXTVAL
----------
         1

SQL> drop sequence c_seq;

Sequence dropped.

SQL> create sequence c_seq nocache;

Sequence created.

SQL> create table x(x number);

Table created.

SQL> insert into x(x) values(c_seq.nextval);

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> select * from x;

----------
         1

SQL>

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:38 PM, <TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Start with 1 shows same number, insert 2 into the table.

go figure, i'm thinking bug also, oh wait "undocumented feature" :)

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:
Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
04/08/2010 05:27 PM
Re: anyone seen this weirdness with sequences in 11gr2?
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Try to create the sequence using the start with syntax, does it do the
same thing? I tried this on  11.2 also and got the same results. Sounds
like a bug to me.

I do notice that if you do a select c_seq.nextval from dual; on the second
sequence creation that is seems to work, which is weird.

It's a bug I'm betting.

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Master Principal Consultant, Oracle Corporation
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY
SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles