RE: an interview question

  • From: "Prabhu, Krishnaswamy" <prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:34:25 +0000

The scenario is , the rman backup is cofigured with recovery catalog db and,
we lost all control files and rman catalog repository database as well.
Unfortunately, we don't have backups of catalog.  First to restore/recover the
control file, we need recovery catalog database, since we lost the meta data
information, does it still possible to use the backup (which doesn't have the
metadata) to recover the target database.  ThanksPrabhu> From:
jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: an interview question> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:00:42 -0700> >
Prabhu, Krishnaswamy wrote:> > > Is it possible to recover a database whose
couple of datafiles , all> multiplexed > > controlfiles and rman catalog
repository are lost. A complete rman backup> exists > > but catalog and control
files are lost.> > RMAN> restore controlfile from <backuppiece>;> > Something
easy to find with google or the documentation.> > IIRC in 8i it used to require
some effort and calls directly to> dbms_backup_restore. > > Jeremiah Wilton>
ORA-600 Consulting> http://www.ora-600.net> > > -->
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l> >

Windows Live Messenger just got better with Messenger TV. Share your favourite
videos online with your near and dear ones. Check it out!
Chose your Life Partner? Join MSN Matrimony
http://www.shaadi.com/msn/matrimony.php