Re: an interview question

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx, prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx, Oracle List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:10:43 -0700 (PDT)

My answer addresses no control file backup at all. In a *worse case* situation,
you can use the create control file command to re-create the control file. You
could then catalog the control file pieces (assuming you are running 10g or
later) and then restore the database using the backupset pieces.

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't
write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire
members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).