RE: alter system v shutdown abort

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:39:35 -0500

I had one such occasion on 9.2.0.5.0 under HP/UX 11.11 just last week on
a dev DB that gets rebuilt from scratch weekly.  The sniped process
prevented the release of shared memory even after a SHUTDOWN ABORT
(confirmed by ipcs -a), which prevented the new instance from starting
up.  I haven't needed to take time to troubleshoot it, since it's just a
dev DB.

I'm really not a Winders-type, but I don't think even if it could (RPC?)
that I would attempt to run something like this remotely.

Rich