alter system suspend with BCV hot backups

  • From: "Jordan Casey" <Casey.Jordan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:59:03 -0400

We do hot backups with EMC BCV's.   All is working well but we sometimes
have a problem with a large job being run while we are in hot backup
mode.   This causes the BCV split to take longer and a large amount of
archive logs to be generated.    Eventually our archive log destination
is filled.  I was thinking of use the "alter system suspend" while in
hot backup mode but have never used this command.

Any problems, comments or suggestions with this solution?  Oracle
version 10.2.0.2

Thanks

"Notice of Confidentiality" The information contained in this e-mail
message is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above.
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of the
communication is strictly prohibited.