Re: alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:19:17 +0300

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

disconnect from session class is used for returning cursor back to the sql prompt of the session.

If you dont specifiy disconnect from session clasue, cursor wont
return to sql prompt.

Jaffar

On 9/19/06, Roger Xu <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

I am following

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/create_ps.htm

to create a simple physical standby database.

SQL> startup nomount;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  420480856 bytes
Fixed Size                   730968 bytes
Variable Size             117440512 bytes
Database Buffers          301989888 bytes
Redo Buffers                 319488 bytes
SQL> alter database mount standby database;

Database altered.

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from
session;

Database altered.

SQL>

Why the prompt returns? I thought "disconnect from session" will kill the
session?

Thanks,

Roger
 This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use o
Security System.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/

http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."