From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger Xu
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:10 PM
To: Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)
Subject: alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from
session;

Hi List,

I am following

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/crea
te_ps.htm
<http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/cre
ate_ps.htm>

to create a simple physical standby database.

SQL> startup nomount;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  420480856 bytes
Fixed Size                   730968 bytes
Variable Size             117440512 bytes
Database Buffers          301989888 bytes
Redo Buffers                 319488 bytes
SQL> alter database mount standby database;

Database altered.

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from
session;

Database altered.

SQL>

Why the prompt returns? I thought "disconnect from session" will kill
the session?

Thanks,

Roger

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use o
Security System.

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by