Re: alert #68 patches

  • From: Walter Montalvo <montalvo2@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:10:04 -0700

I think Catherine's point is that V_$PARAMETER was removed from the SELECT
privileges for a local role.

So, for instances that have custom roles with grants on V_$PARAMETER, the
patch might remove them, breaking the applications/scripts that depend on
the role having the proper grants.

This will not show itself as something wrong with the view
V_$PARAMETER.  It would show itself as objects becoming INVALID after the
patch, due to the removal of the grant.  However, for scripts, you cannot
tell until you run them.

This should be the case on most installations, I would imagine.

Walter