advice on moving streams target tables to new database

  • From: "Fedock, John \(KAM.RIC\)" <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:13:41 -0400

We have a series of very large tables being replicated via streams (one
way).  Source database is HP-UX 10.2.0.4, Target database is a windows
server 10.2.0.3.

How would one go about moving the target objects into a new database,
without starting over with the initial datapump loads from the source
and reinstantiating?

I am hoping there is a process like stop the capture, datapump exp/imp
from the target into the "new" target and resetting some capture info.

I am on my way to MetaLink now, but wanted to send this off first.

Thanks all,

John Fedock

"K" Line America, ISD Department

* john.fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx