Re: add node , oracle software a bit error

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:51:57 -0400

Well, there are two groups - some believe that shared oracle homes are
better from manageability and reliability and others prefer non-shared
installations.

Both have their arguments and there is a third group that would say
"it depends". I probably belong to the third group but lean more
towards non-shared homes as a more reliable option.

On 7/10/07, Randy Johnson <randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good tip on the shared filesystem for the oraInventory. Sharing the
oraInventory across nodes is not a good practice in my opinion. It runs
counter to the whole concept of redundancy in an HA configuration and RAC
was not written to support it.

--
Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com