RE: add node , oracle software a bit error

  • From: "Randy Johnson" <randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:36:00 -0500

All excellent points Alex.

Regarding the Pros; and this is not meant to be antagonistic.

        "You are guaranteed to have the same patches on both nodes and use
actually the same binaries"

        This runs exctly counterpoint to a rolling upgrade/patch. 11g is
promissing to
      improve the rolling upgrade process and seems to be heading that
direction.

        "It's supposedly easier to manage"

        When would we ever install an HA system with ease of use overriding
the HA characteristics of the architecture.

   -Randy

Randy Johnson
Sr. Technical Consultant
Enkitec, LLP