Re: active-pasive cluster in linux

2010/2/22 LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi
>
> You can use OCFS2 if you wish but basically you need some sort of Cluster
> Filesystem or Volume Manager such as ASM.
>
> I dont mention OCFS2 because introducing two clustering software (OCFS2 and
> CRS) for a Single instance Active Passive solution is a bit too much in my
> opinion that is why I said you are forced to use ASM (runs on top of CRS).
>
> Thanks

Or not use ocfs2 or any cluster filesystem, the only node that needs to have
mounted the filesystems is the active one

If you try to mount a non cluster filesystem in another node while is
mounted in a first one, the other node should answer 'partition used' or
something similar ( prevents corruption )

when switching from nodes, as part of the automatic process, one node should
umount and the other mount ( may be fsck first )

Regards

D.