Re: account unlock/password reset

Create a pricedure that will alter the user as you need and grant execute on that proc.

On Jan 12, 2009, at 16:33, "SHEEHAN, JEREMY" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I've co-authored a procedure that does and account unlock and password reset. It works great (if you're interested I'll post it, too).

Now I'd like to give this to level 2 support and have this taken out of the hands of the DBA's. We've got a few support users that are ready to use it, but I'm not thrilled with granting 'ALTER USER' to them.

Is there anyway around allowing users to unlock accounts and change password without granting 'ALTER USER'?

Thanks!

Jeremy

P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.