Re: a question to question

I think you need a twisted mind to get the question that is implied, not the one that is written. Questioning about UPDATE statement means: Things that are performed on update and not on select. and answer C means redo log, as at the start of the instance they are empty and the first update will not (probably) cause redo log switch.

Just my 2 NIS (New Israeli Shekel)

Yechiel

On 14/01/2011 12:56, Remigiusz Sokolowski wrote:
hi,

just preparing to some exams and found some typical queries on internet
with answers

for example
TK 2: Which two steps are performed the first time any Update statement
is issued after the instance is started ? Choose two
A. Creating the parse tree of the statement
B.Writing the modified data blocks to data files
C.Writing the modified data to the archived redo log files
D.Updating the control file to indicate the most recent checkpoint
E.Updating the data file header to indicate the most recent checkpoint
F. Reading the blocks to database buffer cache if they are not already there
答案:C,D.
-------------------------
The answer is provided as C and D.

But IMHO every query is a subject to parse before execution, and I would
rather tell that blocks to be modified need to be read to buffer cache
before modification and thus prior to writing the modified data to
archived redo logs.
Concluding A and F

Or may be I do not understand the question well as English is not my
primary language.

TIA
Remigiusz