Re: Zero Downtime Upgrade and Migration

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:01:17 -0700 (PDT)

For Golden Gate, you could get Oracle in for a demo and see if it will work for
your particular case.

you could try Materialized Views.

Logs would go on the source database the snapshots on the target db using a db
link to the source db.

Maybe alot of work depending upon how many tables you have.

I don't know the amount of data / type you have either.
If you have long/long raw values you need to create updateable Materialized
views and then create a procedure for each table to  bring in the long raw
data.  This is a bit complicated.  I have done it.