Re: ZERO Database Downtime???

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MFontana@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:09:01 +0100

as well as the various comments about the 'rolling upgrades' via sql apply
that you have received, I'd point out that in fact GRID sometimes requires
more downtime than its single instance bretheren. For example from the
Jan2006 CPU notes (for windows but the principle holds)

 "Special Installation Instruction for Customers using RAC for patching CRS:

When patching CRS, please stop all 10g RAC instances and the Nodeapps:

"

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA