Re: Yet another tool for Command_line_history for Linux DBA

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:15:10 -0500, Marquez, Chris <CMarquez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For those of us with "fat fingers" this would be a blessing.
>
> I can not tell you how many times I fail to simply type v$istnance,
> v$instnace, v$instance!
> And often...and I mean often, I will run this little select in a spool
> and to eye-ball that I'm in the right place before rolling out some
> DDL...
>
> And about those debug sessions with your developers when you might
> select from dba_tab_privs, dba_sys_privs, and dba_role_privs, over, and
> over again to verify grants and privs...

I usually have two windows open, one the telnet sqlplus session and
the other a gui text editor.  Cut'n'paste!  I'll usually save the
resulting text file with a hopefully meaningful name and often will
come back to it when a similar scenario comes up.

Steven