Re: X$DBGALERTEXT

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:07:35 +0000

Larry
An excellent question. The table appears to essentially be some sort of
external table built on the log.xml file in the
DIAG_DEST\<db_name>\<instance_name>\alert directory (i.e not on the trace
file version). As such the contents *ought* to be controlled by the purge
policies for the ADR_HOME and or any manual purging you have in place.
However in my quick tests in 11.2.0.3 on windows this doesn't seem to be
the case.

I'd be really grateful as well if there was a clear definitive reference
for what is subject to the short purge policy and what to the long purge
policy - incidents are defined in the docs but the other diag_dest contents
don't seem to be there.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield