RE: W|tee|F? DataPump doesn't work with Unix tee function?

  • From: "Randy Johnson" <oraclelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:27:12 -0500

I may be assuming incorrectly that you want to sent the output to gzip or
compress which is a common approach with exp. If you just want to see the
contents of the dump file it might help you to know the output from Datapump
is XML format. You might be able to get what you want by just viewing the
file directly or perhaps an XML viewer.

Hope this helps.

                -Randy Johnson

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are right, Datapump doesn't work
with tee. I believe its because the output is coming from the Oracle shadow
process directly rather than being sent back through your exp process. It's
simply not supported in 10g. Version 11 supports compression with a command
line switch.

                -Randy Johnson