Re: Wrong optimizer estimate ?

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael.Seiwert@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 20:35:23 -0800

You really only need to worry about deltas in cardinality estimates vs
actuals when they are off enough to change the execution plan.  In this case
both plans are identical.

Representative stats generally results in good plans, however,
non-representative stats do not always result in bad plans.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn