RE: Why isn't Oracle Using My Index

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wolfgang Breitling" <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:03:04 -0800

Olfgang,

Thanks for the response. It was pointed out to me that my initial query
and results were incorrect and I did resend the corrected query and
results. Here too is the informaiton about the data in this particular
column.

SQL> select count (*) from aradmin.t185;

  COUNT(*)
----------
     41586

SQL> select count(unique(c1)) from aradmin.t185;

COUNT(UNIQUE(C1))
-----------------
            41586

SQL> select c1,count(*) from aradmin.t185
  2  group by c1 having count(c1) > 1;

no rows selected

Thank you.

Bill Wagman