Re: Why is Oracle unaffordable?

  • From: Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:22:28 -0500

Wow. I didn't mean to take this thread in another direction but speaking
economics (which I will be the first to admit I have only a rudimentary
understanding) if customers are willing to pay more for a product then, yes,
the price will continue to go up.  Case in point, I just purchased Oracle
Linux support today for $499, had I done this two weeks ago I would have
only had to pay $449. But don't worry, I won't hold any of you responsible
for driving the price up.