RE: Why "Separating Data and Indexes improves performance" is a myth?

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:18:56 -0700

So it is possible in recent versions! I just assumed it wasn't because =
of the allowed values for DB_nK_cache_size for creating a tablespace =
with a different blocksize.

One thing that would definitely give you an error in 8.1 was that if you =
have a locally managed autoallocate tablespace you were unable to create =
any object in it.