Re: Why "Separating Data and Indexes improves performance" is a myth?

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:32:36 +0100

I believe Stephan Haisley has built a 9i database
with a 7.5K block size (not for production reasons,
of course).

There is an argument for using a (slightly) unusual size
block if your main purpose is to handles large numbers
of uniformly sized LOBs. Whether it would work or not
is something to be investigated.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

April 2004 Iceland  http://www.index.is/oracleday.php
June  2004      UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar
July 2004 USA West Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
August 2004 Charlotte NC, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September 2004 USA East Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September2004 UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar