Re: Where should DBA's be placed in an Organization

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric.Buddelmeijer@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:26:56 -0400

On 04/27/2006 09:17:13 AM, Eric Buddelmeijer wrote:

> But I would include the she-dba's none the less

But of course, my statement applies to female DBA's as well. Being a guy,
I usually think of a male DBA. I gladly confess to that mistake. Speaking
of the battle of the sexes in the relational database arena, is there any
statistics about how many male and female DBA's are there? I know of many
distinguished ladies who have proven themselves over and over again like Melanie
Caffrey, a member of the wooden table group, Rachel Carmichael, Bambi Bellows,
Ruth Gramolini, April Wells and many, many others. They, of course, deserve a
temple for themselves, even more so then their male counterparts.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com