Re: Where are specific waits stored in GC repository?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:11:42 -0500 (CDT)

> I've been following up on your feedback.  The Help link in Grid Control does
> indeed state that the information is coming from AWR and ASH for 10g.  I
> doubt this is true however, since in GC I can scroll back in history past
> the oldest available snapshot from target DB's DBA_HIST_* tables.  I also

Hmmm...it appears that I'm confusing the views for ASH and AWR.

> have 10gR1, and I believe ASH wasn't available until 10gR2.

And I was thinking seems to be the "ASH Report" and not ASH itself.

> I think I'm going to open an SR and find out.  Hopefully I'll get the answer
> I'm looking for.

I tracked it down to a session on the target DB that was of course reading
through DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY.  I think I can take it from there.

And I need to read up on ASH.  The lesson here for me is that I've become
too GUIfied for my own good!

Thanks,
Rich