Re: What's generating all these logs?

Snapper will be useful for the current situation, you'll definitely get an
answer right away. And definitely you could drill down if you use log
miner.

I'm just wondering why not use of the AWR data (given that you have license
to use).. these tables could be useful to go back in time and do further
drill downs..

DBA_HIST_SYSSTAT
DBA_HIST_SYSMETRIC_HISTORY
DBA_HIST_SESSMETRIC_HISTORY

Well, I still have to figure out how to go about the SQL/query.. but I want
the output to be let's say, "for the past X days on this hour and the
following SIDs are the one generating large "redo size"... "

Then I could drill on DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY to get the offending
SQL_ID..

mm.. just an idea..

- Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com