Subject: What would you do with 8 disks?
From: "dave" <david.best@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08-04-2009 07:49

Hey all,

If you had 8 disks in a server what would you do?  From watching this
list I can see alot of people using RAID 5 but i'm wary of the
performance implicatons.  (http://www.miracleas.com/BAARF/)

I was thinking maybe RAID 5 (3 disks) for the OS, software and
backups.   RAID 10 (4 disks + 1 hot spare) for the database files.

Any thoughts?