Re: What utilities/tools do you use to Organize Oracle Articles/Tips?

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 16:23:41 -0700 (PDT)

My opinion, as long as you use a tool to index the documents so they're
searchable, how you organize the documents doesn't matter much. This
assumes you don't browse the articles very often.

Over the years, I tried multiple desktop search engines and settled on
Google Desktop Search. The only problem I have with it is that I have to
individually exclude each folder I don't want to be indexed, plus a little
worry that it always keeps TCP connections to some IP's owned by Google,
even if I make sure not to use any functionality that needs to talk to
Google.

At work place, our group uses a SharePoint server to index articles.

Yong Huang