Re: What this is?

  • From: "Nuno Souto" <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:56:40 +1100

You forgot the AVCON* constraints...
The unload/reload: yeah, classic.  The problem could be
alleviated if Oracle had an option to not auto-generate
constraint names.  I don't think there is anything in
the SQL standard that says they can be auto-generated.
Doing so exposes users to errors like this.
I'd rather Oracle didn't, quite frankly: it would *force*
people to use correct practices.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx