Re: What is the INSTANCES modifier of the PARALLEL clause?

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:01:49 -0500

See
Note:260845.1 Old and new Syntax for setting Degree of Parallelism

In short, I don't think INSTANCES matters any more as it is internally converted to the new syntax (that doesn't include instances) anyway.

Dan

Rich Jesse wrote:
I'm looking to implement parallelism for our largest tables in 10.1.0.5.0 on
AIX in order to more fully utilize our SAN.  While continuing testing with
various parameters, I've been seeing that there is an INSTANCES qualifier of
the PARALLEL clause in the ALTER TABLE statement.

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l