Re: What happened to Monocle?

  • From: "Mir M. Mirhashimali" <mhyder@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jwilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:59:08 -0500

Have you looked at zabbix ( http://www.zabbix.com/ ) nice tool for monitoring

--
Mir M. Mirhashimali
Oracle Systems Manager
Database Architecture, Enterprise Applications
Rice University
(713) 348 6365

On 4/19/2011 6:13 PM, Jeremiah Wilton wrote:
On Apr 15, 2011, at 4:53 PM, Janine Ohmer wrote:

I've been using Nagios to monitor Oracle, but am not real happy with the plugin I'm using, or the complexity of Nagios configuration in general. So I was googling around for alternatives and found this:

https://code.bluegecko.net/wiki/Monocle

Unfortunately, it turns out that version 1.0 was released in 2008, and the 1.1 release, which was supposed to happen mere weeks later, never came. I'd love to know what went wrong, from a purely curiosity point of view, and I'd also like to know what other monitoring solutions are out there.

I don't need anything ultra-sophisticated - just something that will let me know if a tablespace is running out of room, or if there's an error in the alert log, that sort of thing.

Janine,

We do not offer the current version 3 of Monocle to the general public. To use it a customer must sign up for our remote DBA service. Monitoring is included in all monthly packages. However, from time to time we enlist members of the public as field/beta testers. If you are interested in that, contact me off list and I will put you directly in contact with the lead developer.

Regards,
--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.bluegecko.net