RE: What happened!? IMPort tables with "User Defined or XML Datatypes"....so slow!

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <CMarquez@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Martic Zoran" <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:37:28 -0400

"much slower" vs. "not working"

If you seem my original post I was about to do 14GB of normal LOB data =
in just less than 2 hours.
So I don't want to and my testing does not support that this is in any =
way a LOB problem...even though LOBs are slower.

My IMP of XMLType was "not working"...not slow, but crawling =
along...beyond slow.

Also, I opened and read one Metalink Patch Set fix doc (9206?) and found =
tons of bugs related to XML and memory leaks?

Chris