What happened!? IMPort tables with "User Defined or XML Datatypes"....so slow!

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <CMarquez@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:32:43 -0400

--Env
Oracle 9206
AIX 5.x

I don't have much experience with "User Defined Datatypes" nor "XML
Datatypes".=20
Trying to move a database for a client that uses these datatypes.
(not sure but maybe some of them are Nested Tables or VARRAY's vs. "User
Defined Datatype"...how can I tell the difference?)

Anyway, in the same database I can IMPort
 * 15GB-20GB normal data (no indexes) per hour.
 * 10GB GB BLOB data per hour.
but only
 * 324MB of "User Defined Datatypes" After 1 Hr. 15 Min.
 * 53MB of "XML Datatype" After 30 Min.

Any ideas?

Please reply directly to me as well as to the list

Thanks in advance,

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA
HEYMONitor(tm) - heymonitor.com